Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'll Tell You Where to Park it

So, I'm a real estate tourist, of sorts. I like to roam around the online listings, see what's around, look at the $10 million homes, the $20 million homes, and look at floorplans. Floorplans are my favorite. I can look at floor plans for hours. I have looked at floor plans for hours. Just look at the rooms and the layout, and imagine how to use that space.

But the descriptions can be good, too. Well, "good" is the wrong word. The floorplans inspire thought. The descriptions--they're just funny. Like this one, that I came across today, in the New York Times. Here's my favorite part:
Six south-facing rooms create a splendid one hundred foot expanse looking out onto a sun-flooded, tree-lined, landmarked street with beautiful townhouse views and glimpses of Riverside Park.
Yeah. Sweet. I do love me a glimpse of park.

No comments: